Monday, January 13, 2014

Mailboxes, Part 1

So I am back once more, this time with an introduction to my wild and crazy collection of mailboxes.....well, miniature mailboxes, and they are almost all piggy banks (coin banks, money boxes, sparkdose - you get the idea).

The first one is a green coin bank, made by All-American.  Don't ask me who they, if they are still in business or what else they ever made, because so far, I haven't found an information on them.  Supposedly this bank is WWII-era, but I think that is based largely on the color.  Green mailboxes were the thing during that time.

The mailbox stands 8.75 inches tall and is 4.25 inches wide.  As you can see in the bottom image, the door pulls down, this is for depositing bills.  You can see the coin slot on the front for tucking away your loose change.  If you open the bottom, you would see the inside is partitioned in the middle, keeping your bills and change separated.



P.S.  I haven't forgotten about the skirt project.....life happens and schedules change, it's too cold outside right now for a skirt anyhow.  Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment