Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Dutch Connection by Cardcetera

Hello again,
Sorry for being gone for so long, but you know how life is, you never know what it's going to throw at you, so you just keeping writing postcards and move on......or is that just me?  In any case, I've been a wee bit busy and I was actually planning on blogging something else before this post, but it just wasn't working out for me.  Maybe I'll post it next.  Who knows?!

So, here I am, back again, and this time with Cardcetera's newest line of postcards.  Seem familiar? Well it should, they published their previous line The French Connection not too long ago and they're already back again with another fantastic series of postcards.  If you haven't already noticed from the title of this blog post, it is called The Dutch Connection.  Right about now, especially for more established collectors, you may be thinking "I have lots of Dutch postcards...." and that might be so, but wait until you see these.

I love Dutch postcards, honestly, probably more than post people, it is the largest part of my postcard collection, but this series is different and in a very good way.  These aren't your usual tulips and clogs.  What I like most about this series is that the subjects are all familiar scenes, but this time they seem more natural, more casual, maybe even more realistic.




We have all seen the stacked rounds of cheese postcard, but this time around the cheese is being sampled in a market, I can't be entirely certain, but I think that really happens.



Who are the Dutch without their tulips?  We have seen countless fields of well manicured tulips, haven't we, but here they are simply for sale (and at not a bad price). And a new take on a windmill, love it, not a field but an adorable souvenir and biscuit molds in many common shapes that we know and love.



And we must not forget the bicycles, the cakes, the front doors!  I think what I'm trying to say is this.....I love them, they really are lovely.  They are familiar but they are different.  Oh and I shouldn't forget to add that they have a super cute design printed on the back, they are made of good card stock (they will travel well through the postal sorting machines of the world) and the surface is great for writing on, once again, no need for a special pen.

Lastly, another reason for pushing this post to the front of the line is this, I just realized that this series is on sale this week, so run, skip, jump - aim your web browser towards Cardcetera as this series being 20% off won't last forever.  Ok, sorry to sound so much like an advertisement, but what good would I be if I kept news of a good sale to myself?  I'll answer that: none at all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things on my mind:
  • I am busy putting together a marvelous post about the Smithsonian National Postal Museum.
  • I am thinking about a raffle/lottery, not sure if I'll have a quiz question or just have a random draw of who enters.......more to come on that.
  • Have anything in mind that you would like to see me ramble on about??  Please share!  Questions and comments are always welcome.




3 comments:

  1. I love every day pictures on postcards. The postcards of the bike, doors, cakes, are my favorite. There's something about non-stage images that are Enticing to me. I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing tulips on Dutch postcards. That will never get old to me.

    For future posts I wouldn't mind seeing pictures from store keepers who own stationery shops and learn how they got Into the business. Also, I would love to see fancy letterheads, cool pens and other "toys" that make writing letters and postcards fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm already on it. I have a couple of things in mind in regards to your future post suggestions. They've actually been floating around in mind for a while, so your post is more of a casual reminder. ;) Thanks.

      Delete
  2. You are very welcome! (^___^)

    ReplyDelete